Water storage tank prices
Water storage tanks are an essential component for businesses and industries in South Africa, particularly in regions facing water scarcity and frequent droughts. With the ongoing water crisis, having an adequate water storage solution has become a top priority for companies to ensure the continuity of their operations.
However, purchasing water storage tanks can be a complex process with several factors to consider, including size, material, and cost. In this article, we will explore the prices of water storage tanks in South Africa and the key considerations that businesses should keep in mind when purchasing them.
Prices of water storage tanks in South Africa
The prices of water storage tanks in South Africa vary depending on several factors such as the size, material, and features of the tank. Depending on the applications tanks can be used for domestic water use and firewater water use. For example, a small plastic tank that holds up to 500 litres can cost anywhere from R1500 to R5000, while a large industrial-sized tank can cost upwards of R50 000 well into the millions..
Another factor that affects the price of water storage tanks is the type of material used. Tanks are formed using prefabricated panels, cleats and internal bracing bolted together on site, to give an infinite range of sizes and capacities. Plastic tanks are generally more affordable than their metal or concrete counterparts, but they also have a shorter lifespan. On the other hand, metal and concrete tanks are more expensive but offer a longer lifespan and are better suited for industrial and commercial applications. The VST sectional steel tank have the advantage of “Flat Packed” palletized consignments for economical transport and enables rapid on-site assembly.
When purchasing a water storage tank, it’s essential to keep in mind that the cheapest option is not always the best. A more expensive tank might offer better features and better overall value in the long run.
Factors to consider when purchasing water storage tanks
- Size: The size of the tank is an essential consideration as it determines how much water it can store and how often it will need to be refilled. It’s essential to assess your water requirements and choose a tank that meets your needs.
- Material: The type of material used for the tank is also important. Plastic tanks are more affordable and easier to install, but they are not as durable as metal or concrete tanks. Metal and concrete tanks are more expensive but offer a longer lifespan and better durability.
- Location: The location of the tank is also crucial. Tanks should be placed in a safe, accessible area that is protected from extreme weather conditions. They should also be located near the source of the water supply to minimize the cost and effort required to transport water to the tank.
- Accessibility: The tank should be easily accessible for cleaning and maintenance. Consider the size of the tank and the type of access points, such as manholes or lids, that are available.
- Capacity: The capacity of the tank is also an important consideration. The tank should be able to store enough water to meet the needs of the business, without requiring frequent refills.
- Durability: The tank should be made from a durable material that can withstand extreme weather conditions and the pressure of the stored water.
- Maintenance: The tank should be easy to maintain and clean. Consider the type of material used, the size of the tank, and the type of access points available.
- Cost: The cost of the tank is also a crucial consideration. The price of the tank should be within the budget of the business and provide good value for money.
- Water quality: The tank should be able to store water of good quality and prevent contamination from the environment or other sources. Consider the type of material used, the type of access points, and the type of filtration or treatment systems available.
- Warranty: The tank should come with a warranty to protect against defects and ensure that it meets the requirements of the business.